Roman J Claprood Co.
We are one of Columbus' oldest wholesale florists. Our company was founded in 1939 by Roman J. Claprood and his sister, Katherine Mackan. Roman was a former tailor that was forced to seek other means of income during The Depression and with his sister's help they created the first wholesale house in Columbus, Ohio that would deliver flowers directly to the florist's door. Within two years of opening we outgrew our previous location and moved to 242 N Grant Ave, Columbus OH 43215 in 1941 and have been at this location ever since. In 1943 we opened our Florida branch for our original production of Gladiolus. Roman expanded our company to Huntington, WV in 1950. In 1954 we added pompoms and mums to our Florida farm.
After Roman J. Claprood's death in 1967 his daughters Romaine Claprood Glisson and Mabel Claprood took over and expanded the company to Bridgeport, WV in 1979 and Lima, OH in 1982. The sisters expanded again in1977 when Romaine opened our Computer Center at our Alabama farm of Gladiolus.
We are proud to say that the company remains in the family with our current President Floyd R. Claprood Sr who is the only son of Roman J. Claprood.
Address: 242 N Grant Ave,
Columbus OH, 43215
SUBSCRIBE FOR SPECIALS
Mon - Fri: 6am - 2pm
Holiday Hours subject to change
© 2020 by Roman J. Claprood Co. Proudly created with Wix.com